Your Wellbeing is Quay – Feel Safe with Us
As the whole world is adapting to a new normal, we want to make sure that we continue to offer our guests the absolute best safe experiences in these changing times.
We are truly fortunate that besides the beautiful fresh Welsh sea air, the Quay Hotel and Spa was built with lots of space and spacious breakout areas for you to enjoy; over 90% of our rooms have their own patio doors onto a private balcony or patio area, which gives you your own special space. Our large ground floor has lots of areas for you to unwind, be that looking out at our Zen garden in the courtyard, taking some ‘you time’ in the Dory Lounge, or savouring afternoon tea or a cocktail in the Cove Bar, a light bite out on the Terrace overlooking Conwy Castle or enjoying a delicious meal in our Ebb & Flow restaurant.
At The Quay, we want to help make your experience as safe and as enjoyable as possible. We all have a part to play by taking personal responsibility, to follow Government guidelines. And at the Quay, we’re taking a responsible approach too, with robust hygiene measures that go above and beyond the Government recommendations. And we’re reassuring you that we have taken an entirely sensible approach to how we run our hotel with our ‘Quay Wellbeing’ programme; designed to protect both you and our colleagues so that we can deliver a safe and enjoyable stay for all.
A warm welcome awaits you in one of North Wales’ most exclusive and tranquil retreats. A true destination for people who value time together – now more than ever.
YOUR QUAY WELLBEING
At The Quay, we’ve always put the wellbeing of our guests first. It’s just one of the ways we make sure everyone who stays with us has an unforgettable experience. And, now we’re ready to welcome you back into our hotel, we want you to know that your health, safety and wellbeing are more important to us than ever.
We’re proud of our Quay Wellbeing programme – a carefully crafted range of safety measures to make sure every moment of your stay is a safe one to enjoy. From meticulous deep cleaning of bedrooms to our thoughtful social distancing measures inside and outside the hotel.
But of course, we’re all in this together. To keep everyone safe, we need your help too. Washing hands and keeping a social distance from other guests who are not in your party are as important here as they are in the outside world.
To comply with the latest and active Government Guidance, please be aware of the following rules and hotel operation:
We’re very grateful to our guests for complying with all current rules and helping to keep everyone healthy and safe.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY
We’re confident that we’ve left no stone unturned in ensuring the health and safety of everyone who comes to stay with us. Here we outline the key measures we have put in place throughout your time with us. We simply ask that you stay mindful of these important measures during your stay and if you have any specific questions, our staff will be happy to assist.
CHECK-IN AND OUT EXPERIENCE
- Discreet digital check-in without the need to fill in a registration card
- Key cards sanitised prior to issue.
- Lift limited to two people, enhanced cleaning with sanitiser available by the lift
- Express checkout encouraged with contactless payment available.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all main hotel areas, and enhanced public area sanitising is in place.
- Visual guides and directional signage to help you maintain social distancing
- All our staff will wear the necessary personal protective equipment at all times relevant to their task and in line with UK Hospitality guidelines.
- Daily temperature check on our colleagues is carried out.
- Where possible, we will segregate corridors with barriers and one-way systems.
- Robust and heightened cleaning procedure in place for all public areas, particularly around peak times and you’ll find sanitising stations available in key areas throughout the hotel
- Regular deep cleaning and sanitising public area toilets
- Regular sanitizing all public areas using Electrostatic Spraying
- Back of house areas will have the same levels of cleaning and sanitising as our public areas.
- Hugely enhanced bedroom cleaning focusing on sanitisation with Electrostatic Spraying
- We have reduced the number of rooms per housekeeper, to ensure each room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- To minimize contact rooms will not be cleaned during the guests’ stay.
- The option to service your bedroom is available.
- Hand sanitiser in your room.
- All advertising collateral has been removed from our bedrooms.
- All display cushions and throws have been removed.
- Welcome letter from hotel General Manager, (in a sanitised frame naturally), with key information and a link to a handy website with all the relevant details.
- You can make any request directly from your favourite messenger service, from WhatsApp to SMS directly from your mobile device.
FOOD & DRINK
- We ask that people make bookings with us before their arrival.
- Address verification is required – this is to follow Government Guidelines.
- Tables booked for food and drink are allocated an hour and a half time slot.
- Controlled numbers in our dining areas to adhere to social distancing guidelines and to reduce service activity
- All condiments are now provided are in sealed jars & sachets.
- Breakfast is served between 07:00-10:30 Monday-Friday, 08:00-11:00 Saturday-Sunday
- All Day menu is from 12:00-21:00
- The restaurant is open from 18:00-21:00
Whilst we have lots of space in our Ebb & Flow restaurant, we have to comply with Government Guidelines and restrict numbers dining at one time. We ask you to reserve your table for breakfast and dinner each day. We want you to have a pleasurable dining experience with us and can offer each room for one hour for breakfast and one and a half hours for dinner. We would appreciate if you could be prompt for your reservation allowing you to have the full time on your table.
Our all-day room service menu will be available from 12:00-21:00; this will be served to out-side your bedroom.
- Disposable menus used
- No buffets or bar service in operation. All food & beverage served to you directly with a big smile.
- Room charge only – no credit card or cash for food & beverage.
- Enhanced kitchen cleaning measures and social distancing in our kitchen
- External produce delivery and social distancing are managed with best practice to ensure guest and team safety.
Please be aware there is a time slot booking system in operation.
Our Marina Spa is now open, sunday to friday 10am-6pm and saturdays 9am – 6pm .Reservation by phoning Spa on 01492-564-123 to avoid disappointment as spaces are limited.
Gym and swimming pool are open for residents and spa guest use only.
Their opening hours: Everyday 7 am-8 pm (last entry 7 pm)
- All hotel guests must book a slot to use the pool/gym through Reservations/Spa. We recommend you choose your time slot for the gym and pool when booking your hotel reservation to avoid disappointment.
- Guests can only book on the hour; we can only allow five guests in the pool each hour.
- Slots are 45 minutes (including changing/shower time)
- We reserve 15 mins of the hour for Leisure to clean before the next guests arrive.
- Changing rooms are available but unfortunately our showers are out of use.
- Towels provided as usual
- We kindly ask hotel guests to come down to the pool in swimwear (ideally with a robe, not clothes) & also shower in the room if possible to minimise the number of people in our changing rooms/ using lockers.
- We recommend guests use the pool before any Spa treatments.
- Please also book in children aged 5+ as well as adults (under fives can be booked under one slot per adult)
- Children’s swim times are no longer 10-12/3-5 pm. Children can now be booked throughout the day.
Never miss news about offers, promos, vouchers and other information from us. Subscribe to our newsletter and be informed!